Stratford upon Avon
Lodders Solicitors has an exciting opportunity for an Accounts Assistant to join our established finance team in Stratford upon Avon.
Management of Office and Client Account Ledgers:
- Print off daily bank statements and export previous days
- Complete Bank reconciliations of client and office accounts
- Checking and actioning any posting slips on the practice management system on a timely and regular basis
- Verifying bank details of client payments – matching details against email evidence and verbal verification with fee earners/partners
- Input BACS and TT instructions onto online banking system for authorisation.
- Checking for office and client receipts on the online banking system
- Processing and printing office and client cheques, obtaining signatures from authorised partners
- Calculate interest due to clients on enquiries from fee earners
- Closing client matters on the practice management system
- Transferring and writing off fee earner time
- Processing of cheques received (both client and office) and banking at the local branch.
- Obtain authorisation to pay supplier invoice and input invoices to Purchase Ledger
- Prepare payment run of supplier invoices for onward authorisaiton
- Filing of invoices and daily paperwork
- Processing Petty Cash payments
- Processing credit and debit card payments from client telephone calls
- Preparing staff expenses for payroll and posting costs to the ledgers.
- Preparing the monthly partner credit card statement, posting the expenses to the appropriate accounts
- Actioning email queries from across the firm
- Telephone enquiries
- Assisting Accounts Manager and Finance Director with ad hoc duties
- The roles will require some flexibility on working hours (e.g. 8.00 to 4.30 and 9.00 to 5.30)
- Experience of working in a law firm highly desirable
- Experience of working in accounts highly desirable
- Numeracy essential
- Ability to manage multiple tasks throughout the day essential
- Polite and courteous telephone manner essential
- Ability to learn new systems (practice management system, banking portals etc.) essential
- Professional attitude required for a respected professional service firm
- Accuracy and attention to finer details e.g. checking the postings into correct ledgers with supportive narrative
We offer a great benefits package with annual bonuses together with discounted car parking.
Interested candidates should apply quickly to avoid disappointment.
Click here to apply (please note this will take you away from the Lodders website, to our dedicated application portal).