Vacancy - IT Technician, IT team
Stratford upon Avon
We are hiring an IT technician to work as part of a small IT team to provide support across the firm on a number of IT matters and projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to join our well-established and progressive law firm at an exciting stage in our growth and development.
Key tasks and responsibilities for the role:
- Resolving incoming client and personnel IT queries remotely via email and phone, or at the office.
- Testing and analysing IT system and software performance.
- Prioritising and resolving IT concerns and escalating serious issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Avoiding service interruptions by performing system installations, updates, and maintenance procedures.
- Preparing training manuals and FAQ materials for easy-access end-user guidance.
- Documenting processes and maintaining service desk records.
- Making recommendations to optimize IT performance and to prevent future problems.
- Collaborating with internal departments to ensure that IT needs are met.
- Keeping informed of advancements in IT.
- Assisting in business continuity preparation and testing by developing and maintaining backup procedures and disaster recovery documentation for the desktop environment and dependant applications to ensure that business requirements are met in a timely manner and to accurately reflect user requirements.
- Maintaining a good awareness of the key issues facing the firm and carrying out the analysis of business problems, preparing functional specifications and leading business-driven change of the technical environment to ensure that business requirements are met in a timely manner and to accurately reflect user requirements.
- Maintaining current and advanced knowledge of and skills in the specialist discipline for which you have responsibility, allowing you to undertake advanced work with appropriate supervision and direction.
- Involve users wherever possible in projects, liaising effectively with and co-ordinating a substantial number of users at all levels, including senior management.
- Maintaining regular contact with suppliers and attend supplier user groups.
- Liaising, as required, on hardware, software, services, and communications issues with external suppliers.
- Maintaining confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Maintaining internal I.T. systems in line with the Data Protection Act and internal policies and procedures.
- Given the need for flexibility to meet the changing requirements, the duties/location of this role, there may be a requirement to work outside normal hours and travel between offices
- Any other reasonable duties delegated by the IT Manager/Director.
- Involvement in the recommendation and evaluation of new systems.
- Leading and managing projects as directed to ensure completion to deadlines and within budget.
- Knowledge sharing with other members of the IT team.
Knowledge, education, and experience
Key skills and proficiencies
- MS Server 2016 / 2019 and associated platforms (Exchange 2016 / SQL Server).
- Windows Server Admin experience – Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, WSUS etc
- Windows 10 experience.
- Office365 Tenancy configuration – Teams / SharePoint / OneDrive.
- SIP / VOIP Telephony configuration and support.
- VMware vSphere 6.7 or other virtualisation technologies.
- Desirable line of business application experience:
- Case and Practice Management Systems
- Digital Dictation/Speech recognition
- Forms/precedent tools
- Service Desk experience.
- Experience working in an ITIL aligned environment.
- Problem-solving/analytical/communication/team player
Requirements and experience
- Desirable – experience of professional services or law firm
- Minimum five years’ experience in IT
- Ability to scope and deliver IT Projects and associated change.
- MCITP: EA qualification or equivalent
- Project Management
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our ATS.