Vacancy - Non-contentious construction lawyer, Real Estate department
Stratford upon Avon and Birmingham
We’re hiring for an exciting opportunity for a non-contentious construction lawyer to provide professional support to a partner, as well as running their own caseload of non-contentious construction work. The ideal candidate will be acting mainly for privately owned businesses, which includes developers, contractors, sub-contractors and end-users who instruct on projects ranging from constructing a house to multimillion-pound logistics parks located across the country.
Whilst a large proportion of our projects relate to logistics, we also advise on office developments, residential schemes, hotels, care homes, and retail.
Key tasks and responsibilities for the role
Day to day tasks will include:
- Drafting and negotiating the full suite of construction contracts including all major standard form building contracts (i.e. JCT, NEC etc.).
- Drafting and negotiating appointments and collateral warranties for architects, engineers, employer’s agents, and quantity surveyors.
- Drafting other ancillary documents such as letters of reliance, letters of intent, performance bonds, and parent company guarantees.
- Working with real estate teams to assist with the construction aspects of agreements for lease, development management agreements and funding agreements.
- Negotiating with the contractor and consultants on the terms of the construction documents.
- Obtaining the various project stakeholders’ approval of the proposed construction documents, which may include funders, tenants and/or purchasers.
- Negotiating and obtaining collateral warranties for the stakeholders.
Knowledge, education, and experience
- Relevant experience and a good understanding of contract law.
- Knowledge of the construction procurement process.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with many different parties on a single transaction.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience in a demanding, high performing professional services environment
- Attention to detail
- To be friendly, professional, and approachable at all times
To apply for this exciting role, please get in touch with our HR director, Sarah Naffine.