T: 01242 229093
I specialise in employment law and joined Lodders’ employment department in January 2020. I have been qualified as a Solicitor since 2004.
I advise and represent clients nationwide, and have extensive experience of advising both private and public sector employer organisations on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law. I also have considerable experience in advising employee clients on a broad range of employment matters.
The combination of advising both employer and employee clients has given me a well-rounded experience, and enables me to provide pragmatic and cost-effective commercial advice.
The areas of employment law I advise and represent clients upon includes:
- Advising upon the most appropriate and cost-effective way of exiting employees of all levels of seniority
- Advising upon restructuring and redundancies.
- Assistance upon running disciplinary processes.
- Advice in relation to restrictive covenants.
- Drafting and advising upon employment documents, such as contracts of employment, post-termination restrictive covenants, employee handbooks, consultancy agreements, director’s service agreements, and settlement agreements.
- Employment Tribunal proceedings.
I have particular expertise advising upon disability discrimination in employment law pursuant to the Equality Act 2010, and have previously undertaken seminars on this topic. I was an accredited representative of the Law Society Mental Health Review Tribunal Panel, and regularly represented clients in all proceedings before Tribunals under the Mental Health Act 1983. I use this knowledge when advising my clients upon disability issues within the workplace.
I have considerable experience of undertaking my own advocacy in Employment Tribunal hearings nationwide, including at final hearings.
I have worked with and advised companies of all sizes, and my private sector client base has included:
- British Airways, one of the world’s leading global premium airlines, and;
- Whitbread Plc, the UK’s largest hospitality company, which owns Premier Inn as well as Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, and Table Table.
I enjoy assisting and advising clients to achieve the best possible outcome appropriate to their circumstances.
- Law firm adds associate to its Cheltenham employment team: https://www.raikesjournal.co.uk/law/law-firm-adds-associate-to-its-cheltenham-employment-team–05062020163509/
- Farmers must be clear on agricultural worker status, warns lawyer: https://www.fginsight.com/blogs/farmers-must-be-clear-on-agricultural-worker-status-warns-lawyer