Residential Property and Land Dispute Resolution
Our expert solicitors are able to advise you on all disputes that may arise relating to residential property and land. We advise private individuals regarding issues relating to their home or investment properties, as well as companies, partnerships, farmers, charities and Councils. We also advise Trustees, retailers with flats about their units and act for tenants of any of the above.
Our property dispute solicitors are specialists in the areas below; they look to understand your objectives and, where appropriate, plan a strategy to achieve those wherever possible.
Our team also provides advice so that you can seek to avoid any issue or dispute in the future.
We adopt a practical and pragmatic approach and wish to achieve a commercial and cost-effective resolution for you. However, where litigation is needed, we will pursue this vigorously on your behalf.
Our expertise extends to court proceedings, injunctions, mediations, arbitrations, Land Registry adjudications, Upper Tribunal Lands Chambers (formerly Lands Tribunal) proceedings and expert determinations, including PACT.
We often work with Legal Expenses Insurers, and are able to assist you in your application for cover.
If it would help to discuss any matter about which you are considering instructing us, please call the head of our team, Jane Senior on 01789 206149 or any member of the team listed to the right. We would be delighted to hear from you.
Commercial Property and Land Dispute Resolution
The areas on which we advise include...
- Landlord and Tenant
- Alterations and reinstatement
- All types of tenancies including the Rent Act, Assured, Assured Shorthold Tenancies and Agricultural Workers’ Tenancies.
- Assignment and sub-letting, including applications for consent
- Leave termination including eviction
- Mid-term breaches of covenant
- Non-payment of rent
- Possession and security of tenure
- Rent reviews
- Service charges
- Work/live tenancies
- Rights of way;
- Rights to light;
- Rights of support;
- Rights to overhang and oversail;
- Acquiring rights by prescription;
- Auction Issues
- Adverse Possession
- Party Walls
- Overage claims
- Conditional contracts
- Planning issues
- Highway matters
- Rights of way and other Easement issues
- Restrictive covenants
- Beneficial interests/Joint owners and TLATA (Trust of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996);
- Partnership Disputes