At Lodders, our specialist Family Law team understands the needs of children and appreciates the impact that their parents separating or divorcing can have on them. From our offices in Birmingham and Stratford upon Avon, our expert family law team can assist with a number of issues:
Section 8 Orders:
- Residence Orders – deciding where and with whom a child should live.
- How much contact a child has with the non-resident parent or a grandparent, amongst other people.
Prohibited Steps Orders:
- Preventing someone from taking an action with regards to a child, for example, removing the child from the care of the resident parent without permission.
Parental Responsibility Orders:
- The Court can grant certain individuals, be they parents or step-parents, Parental Responsibility (the rights, duties, and obligations that people have as regards the upbringing of children).
- Permanent removal from jurisdiction – getting permission from the Court to relocate internationally or trying to stop the same.
- International child abduction – invoking a Hague Convention via the High Court following child abduction.
Financial aspects of Children’s Law:
- Schedule 1 Applications – Capital to provide a house for the resident parent of a child.
- CSA Hearings – where the Child Support Agency is involved.
- Complicated and unusual financial requests under the Children Act – for example, Child Maintenance Orders where the CSA does not have jurisdiction, and School Fees Orders for unmarried parents.