Residential Land Development
Lodders’ long-established Residential Land Development team is highly regarded and provides an unrivalled service regionally, offering the skill, resource and commerciality to assist with all aspects of the land development process.
Our team acts for landowners, land promoters, and independent housebuilders and developers on all aspects of the land development process, from acquisition through to site set-up and plot sales.
Through careful recruitment and training, we have developed an in-depth understanding of the sector, allowing our specialists to offer pragmatic and commercial advice based on their many years of experience. Several of our team members have also worked in large national firms.
Land development work is fast-paced and deadline-driven. The seniority and strength in depth of our team, along with our proactive and tailored approach, means that we can deal effectively with the tightest of deadlines and all sizes of developments, from single residential units to large-scale residential and mixed-use schemes.
Whether acting for landowner or housebuilder, land agent or land promoter, our approach is always to identify and resolve at the earliest possible stage any problems or pitfalls, drawing as necessary on talented colleagues in our highways and planning, agriculture, private client and property dispute resolution teams.
Services to landowners and land agents
We work closely with both the landowner and land agent to ensure peace of mind throughout the transaction.
Services land promoters and housebuilders
Our long-established working relationships with housebuilders and promoters allows us to provide a timely and efficient service.
To find out more about Lodders’ Residential Land Development legal services, please fill in the enquiry form below or contact a member of our team on 01789 293259 (Stratford upon Avon) or 01242 228370 (Cheltenham).
Lodders’ Residential Land Development specialists regularly advise on the following types of agreements and transactions:
- Heads of terms
- Title reviews, including third party rights, third party occupiers, boundaries and covenants
- Planning appeals
- Environmental and contaminated land
- Site acquisition and site assembly
- Lock-out and exclusivity agreements
- Conditional and unconditional contracts for the sale and purchase of land
- Option agreements
- Planning promotion and marketing and sales agreements
- Hybrid agreements
- Development agreements
- Acquisition and/or granting of rights, easements and covenants
- Release and/or variation of rights, easements and covenants affecting or preventing development
- Overage and clawback arrangements
- Pre-emption agreements
- Joint ventures and collaboration agreements
- Landowner/equalisation agreements
- Land pool trust documentation
- Statutory agreements including Section 106 agreements, unilateral undertakings, Section 104 drainage agreement, Section 38/278 highway agreements
- Development site set-up including the production of plot sale documentation
- Implementation of estate management solutions including the formation of management companies and freehold reversion transfers
- Sale of Section 106 affordable housing units on both a conditional and unconditional basis