At Lodders we regard our trainees as the future of the firm. We invest a large amount of time and effort into selecting and developing each individual.
What are we looking for?
We appreciate that people have different abilities and it takes a range of skills to make a business succeed. We are looking for candidates who display a number of key talents.
We are looking for friendly and personable people who will get involved with the fabric of the firm. We hope that our trainees will be bright, enthusiastic, professional, conscientious, commercially-minded, proactive, pragmatic, attracted by responsibility and interested in getting the little things right.
Our philosophy is to encourage staff to achieve a good work-life balance. We like our trainees to be sociable, well-rounded people, who have a range of pursuits outside the office and it will be an advantage if applicants picture their future in the Stratford-upon-Avon area.
As a minimum we expect:
- 300 UCAS points in best 3 A levels (equivalent to 3 Bs)
- 8 GCSEs at A*, A or B with A or A* in English and Maths
- Where completed the GDL and LPC should be at Commendation or above
What do we offer?
- Seats in a number of different areas including: property, business & commercial, private client, litigation, our new family department and at Selfs (Financial Planners). Each seat is a minimum of 3 months long, and we aim for you to complete 4 seats.
- Salary of £23,500
- Payment of LPC fees (cap to £11,000) where LPC has not been commenced at the time of offer
- Life assurance
The Application Process
Our trainee recruitment process consists of:
- Application Form
- Telephone interview with our HR Manager
- First interview with our Training Partner and HR Manager
- One-day based at our Assessment Centre
Our assessment centre is designed to test your skills through a series of work-based exercises, a personality questionnaire and presentation. You will also attend a buffet lunch with the partners. We find candidates enjoy the experience and value the opportunity as it allows them to get to know the firm and some of our people, and to demonstrate their individual qualities and personalities.
If you are successful, we will be in touch shortly after the completion of the selection process to offer you a training contract.
Trainee Application form (Please note if you are struggling to fill in this form electronically you may need to download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat X or XI). Alternatively please:
- print out the document and fill it in by hand
- email our HR department for a word version of the document
- send a CV and covering letter, detailing all exam results, degree taken and University, outlining work experience, and completing the 5 questions succinctly.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.