T: 01789 206149
“She is extremely commercial and fast, and particularly good when things get urgent” (Chambers and Partners)
I specialise in property dispute resolution advising on all areas of law relating to property and land. I lead the Dispute Resolution team at Lodders having joined the firm in 2015. I bring substantial experience gained over nearly 30 years of advising companies (including FTSE 100 companies), partnerships and private clients in many areas including:
- Landlord and tenant (for example lease renewals and dilapidations)
- Easements such as rights of way and rights to light
- Party walls
- Claims to interests in land and property, for example by co-habitees
- Development projects and agreements
My expertise as above extends to agricultural matters: acting for farmers and landowners in relation to property and land disputes plus other issues such as:
- Succession to Agricultural Holdings Act (AHA) tenancies
- Notices to Quit under AHA tenancies and Farm Business Tenancies
- Partnership disputes
I also deal with contentious probate matters.
I am an accredited mediator and believe that many disputes lend themselves to effective resolution in this way.
My approach is a pragmatic and commercial one. Where appropriate I will pursue a claim (or defend a claim) to trial with a clear strategy and the client’s objective always in mind.
What are the achievements you are most proud of outside of the law?
I gained my black belt in karate (Wadu Rai) a few years ago, alongside my husband and son. We try not to argue too much!
Running the Budapest Marathon in 2014 in under 4 hours