T: 0121 200 0891 or 07471 037628
Heidi joined Lodders Solicitors LLP in 2019 to lead the Construction & Engineering division within the wider real estate group.
Heidi is a construction law expert with more than 14 years of experience advising clients on all major forms of construction, engineering and demolition contracts, advising throughout the life cycle of the project, including procurement, contract strategy, risk allocation, contract drafting and negotiation.
Heidi has significant experience advising developers, funders, contractors, sub-contractors, retailers, hotel operators, care home providers and other end users across a wide range of construction law. She is lead construction advisor for a number of prominent commercial developers involved in high value and often complex forward funded projects. With an in-depth knowledge of development risk and a pro-active, hands-on approach, her clients find her support invaluable.
Work highlights/recent experience:
- Acting for a London based developer on the construction of care homes and assisted living accommodation across multiple sites involving a forward sale and pre-lets. Project value circa. £71 million.
- Acting for a large PLC developer advising on all construction elements of a number of town centre redevelopment projects valued up to £100 million.
- Lead construction advisor for the main developer building out 1.5 million square feet of industrial, commercial and office accommodation at a prestigious West Midlands based Business Park.
- Acting for a hotel operator on the construction of a hotel in Milton Keynes with 250 beds.
- Drafting a suite of precedent documents for a hotel operator for multiple refurbishment projects.
- Advising a technology business on the development and expansion of its engineering facilities, over a number of phases.
- Advising the employer on a £4 million payment dispute, where the contractor had underpriced the project, achieving a successful outcome.
- Advising a developer following the insolvency of the contractor during the rectification period, including advising on making a claim under the performance bond.
What Heidi’s clients say
“Heidi is always available and quick to respond. She pushes projects forward, whilst always demonstrating excellent technical knowledge, great organisational skills and a professional approach. All in all she is doing a great job for us.” – Matthew Burgin, Joint Managing Director, Stoford Properties Limited
“Heidi is my construction lawyer of choice. She is proactively involved with the project as a whole providing real support. I have utmost confidence in the advice that she provides, and she never lets me down. Just knowing Heidi is involved relieves some pressure enabling me to rely on her and focus on getting the development built.” – Daemon Sheehan, Group Construction Director, at Citygrove Securities PLC