Led by the highly experienced Beverley Morris, our Family Law team is committed to putting our clients first. Personal service and taking responsibility are essential elements of Lodders’ overall client care, together with offering a confidential and discreet service.
Not sure that this is the service for you? Take a look at some of our frequently asked questions for more information.
Divorce is the process whereby a marriage is completely dissolved and the assets and responsibilities once shared are either cancelled or redistributed.
There is only one ground for divorce, and that is that the marriage has broken down irretrievably. Irretrievable breakdown can be proved in any of five ways:
• Adultery by one or the other of you (where it is admitted)
• Unreasonable behaviour
• Two years’ separation and consent to divorce
• Five years separation
There are three stages to the divorce process:
1. The drafting and issuing of a divorce petition/matrimonial order;
2. Decree Nisi (the first stage of divorce – this signifies that the ground for the divorce is proven and that the process of law has taken place);
3. Decree Absolute (dissolution of the marriage/civil partnership – this is when you become legally divorced)
Divorce is typically a complicated matter in both a legal sense and personal sense for those involved and requires assistance from legal experts to help create a smooth transition from start to finish.
We engage closely with our clients to provide the legal clarity and human understanding they need to move forward and achieve their goals.
Simply click the ‘Get in touch’ button at the top this page or visit our contact page link below.