Lodders’ team of specialist divorce solicitors understand that divorce can be a difficult and often painful process. Our team offers tailored advice to each individual case from our offices in Birmingham and Stratford upon Avon.
There is only one ground for divorce and that is that the marriage has broken down irretrievably.
Irretrievable breakdown can be proved in any of five ways:
- Adultery by one or the other of you (where it is admitted);
- Unreasonable behaviour;
- Two years’ separation and consent to divorce;
- Five years separation; and
There are three stages to the divorce process:-
- The drafting and issuing of a divorce petition/matrimonial order;
- Decree Nisi (the first stage of divorce – this signifies that the ground for the divorce is proven and that the process of law has taken place);
- Decree Absolute (dissolution of the marriage/civil partnership – this is when you become legally divorced)
Get in touch
To find out more about Lodders’ Family law services, please click here. Alternatively you can contact one of Lodders’ Family law specialists on 0121 200 0890 (Birmingham) or 01789 293259 (Stratford upon Avon).